top of page
Release of liability
Please read and be certain you understand the implications of signing Express Assumption of Risk Associated with Hiking and Related Activities.
I (trip attendee) do hereby affirm and acknowledge that I have been fully informed of the inherent hazards and risks associated with hiking, transportation or equipment related to the activities and traveling to and from activity sites in which I am about to engage. Inherent hazards and risks include but are not limited to:
1. Risk of injury from the activity and equipment utilized is significant, including the potential for permanent disability and death.
2. Falling, which may cause broken bones and severe injuries to the head, neck, and back, which may result in severe impairment or even death.
3. All "act of nature," including but not limited to avalanches, rock fall, inclement weather, thunder and lighting, severe and/or varied wind, temperature, and other weather conditions.
4. Risks associated with crossing rivers & climbing or down-climbing of rock, snow, and/or ice.
5. Risks associated with entering the ocean (if one chooses).
6. Risks associated with transportation, whether personally operated or as a passenger, including but not limited to injury, accident, vehicle damage/malfunction, etc.
6. Possible equipment failure and/or malfunction of trip hosts' or others' equipment may have been rented, borrowed, or personally owned.
7. Potential stolen or lost rented, borrowed, or personal property, which is not limited to personal vehicles, gear, electronics, or other personal property.
8. Trip Attendee’s own negligence and/or the negligence of others, including employees, agents, independent contractors or representatives, including but not limited to operator failure.
9. Cold weather and heat-related injuries and illnesses, including but not limited to frostnip, frostbite, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, sunburn, hypothermia, and dehydration.
10. Attack by or encounter with insects, reptiles, and/or animals.
11. Accidents or illnesses that occur in remote places with no available medical facilities.
12. Fatigue, chill, and/or dizziness, which may diminish my/our reaction time and increase the risk of an accident
13. Dehydration, rashes, or altitude sickness.
14. Trip Attendee’s sense of balance, physical coordination, and ability to follow instructions.
15. Any and all emotional, mental, and psychological distress resulting from a trip experience, including but not limited to emergency services, medical care, and mental health care.
*I understand the description of these risks is not complete and that unknown or unanticipated risks may result in hospitalization, injury, illness, or death*
I (Trip Attendee) hereby agree, acknowledge, and appreciate that:
1. I HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS CONCERNING ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE, the following named persons or entities, herein referred to as releasees. The trip operators: Lea Dawn Hart LLC and all businesses owned by Emily Mandagie and Berty Mandagie.
2. To release the releasees, their officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, and volunteers from liability and responsibility whatsoever and for any claims or causes of action that I, my estate, heirs, survivors, executors, or assigns may have for personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death arising from the above activities whether caused by active or passive negligence of the releasees or otherwise. By signing this document, I agree to hold the releasees harmless and indemnify them in conjunction with any injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property that may occur as a result of engaging in the above activities.
3. By entering into this Agreement, I am not relying on any oral or written representation or statements made by the releasees other than what is set forth in this Agreement. This release shall be binding to the fullest extent permitted by law. If any provision of this release is found to be unenforceable, the remaining terms shall be enforceable.
4. I hereby release a photo of my health insurance to Lea Dawn Hart LLC for the duration of the trip. At the conclusion of the trip, the physical copy of Trip Attendees health insurance will be destroyed and the digital copy will be permanently deleted.
Please read and be certain you understand the implications of signing this Driving Clause regarding Personal vehicle liability.
I (trip attendee) do hereby affirm and acknowledge that I have been fully informed of the risks and responsibilities associated with willingly transporting other trip participants or equipment.
If operating a personal vehicle while on this trip and/or offering to transport passengers, I do herby affirm I possess the following:
1. Car Insurance.
2. Valid Driver's License.
3. Written or verbal consent of all passengers.
4. Responsible for all vehicle maintenance, including but not limited to gas, oil change, car wash.
5. Responsible for costs incurred for repairs in the event of an emergency, including but not limited to towing of a personal vehicle, emergency repairs, loss/totaling of vehicle.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, AND PHOTO/VIDEO RELEASE ANDHBGNGTYH I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS AND UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP LEGAL RIGHTS BY CHECKING THE BOX ON MY SIGN-UP FORM.
bottom of page